Saturday, July 21, 2012

HDH142-Music Mayhem

How fun is this?  Macabre Monday says use a song as your inspiration this week.

I immediately went where I always do, and quickly chose the song Death Walking Terror by Cannibal Corpse.  I always love working with dead stuff, and I had some cool Alice in Wonderland images from Spesch Stamps colored up for a while waiting to be put to use.

See?  I thought she would be a perfect example of Death Walking Terror.  Until a conversation with Mr. Korpsgryndr reminded me of a song that would work much, much better.

White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.

I went with a 12x12 sheet for this.  The song White Rabbit is based on Alice in Wonderland, or a bad drug trip, which defines that story for me.  A bad drug trip.  Through the looking glass my ass. I wanted my project to reflect the insanity that was Alice's"trip" down the rabbit hole.  I thought the spiral bg paper worked well for that.  The houndstooth pattern paper made my head spin so I had to work with it face down until I was ready to stick it all together.  Looking at this now still makes me feel all woozy.  Mission accomplished.  I got some cool handmade bottles down there, and my beloved Cheshire Cat.  All that's left of the Queen is her crown, unfortunately.  Looks like the rabbit met the same fate.
Grace Slick (singer of Jefferson Airplane) wails out that last line "feed your head" with such passion so I added that as well.

Here's a very Mad Hatter.  He wasn't necessarily mentioned in the song, but he was still there


 Absilim, or hookah smoking caterpillar, was found from a Google search HERE.






Would you look at the time? I must go.  I'm late for a very important date.

3 comments:

  1. FABUUUULUSSSSSSS - this is a masterpiece :-D Thank you for joining us at Haunted Design House. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE! I seriously hope you're gonna frame this. Thanks so much for joining us at HDH this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring. Freaky work hehe but brilliant. Thanks for playing along with macabre monday xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your comments. I love any feedback. Be well!