Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dahlia Garden

I love Fort Bragg, Ca. Foghorns wake you up in the morning, and the sea sings you to sleep at night. Full of sea salt, trees, and hippies, it's one of my favorite places to go. They have a HUGE botanical garden and within it lies a garden of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen, Dahlias. I found them by being a part of a wedding in the middle of all these breathtaking blooms. There were literally hundreds, all different colors and sizes, some with happy little bumble bees working in them. I went crazy and took pictures of almost every single flower there. The pictures hang in my kitchen, and now they adorn Mother's Day cards. My friend actually suggested it, and I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Not only was this card easy, quick, and fun to make, but it brought me back to the peace I found in that place. I can't wait to go back.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your comments. I love any feedback. Be well!