Tuesday, June 14, 2011

HDH093-Kuriously Korroded

This weeks sponsor at Haunted Design House is Kenny K.  If you've ever taken a look through my posts, you know how much I love Kenny K!  Why didn't I use a Kenny K image this week then, you ask?  Because I think this image rocks as well, and have been dying to use it.  Here we go--

That image is called Batty Belfry, by a guy I found cruising online, Adam Withers.  Killer line sketch,so I just colored her in.  Kuriously Korroded.  Corrode your project somehow, and here's how I did it.  The background flourishes I smudged on.  I took paper left over from a die cut that had the flourish pattern in it, laid it over the card, and smudged ink in with a sponge dauber.  I ripped out the black paper, and distressed both the purple and red papers(which for some reason never shows in my photos).  A little smudge under her butt, and I'm done. I have trouble with making stuff too busy, because blank space irritates me something fierce.  That being said, it was a little hard for me to leave such space open on this one, however I like how it turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Katt, it is fabulous! the image is fierce and I can totally see the distressing. thanks for playing along with MM again this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb colouring and fantastic card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, and well done on leaving some blank space. I have the same trouble, I always want to add things in, ut yours looks great :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Killer image and awesome use of the die cut stencils.
    Thanks for playing with us at HDH.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your comments. I love any feedback. Be well!